My friend Michelle told me this salad was good. She said it always gets cleaned up if she takes it somewhere. I test drove the recipe the other night, and didn’t even get time to take a photo. It was devoured.
So, if you are into your salads, then add this one to your list. A great way to eat healthier food, and feel great at the end of it.
- Small drizzle Olive oil
- Pumpkin – I am using my homegrown butternut pumpkin – diced into 2cm cubes
- 3-4 cloves chopped garlic
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- Bunch of chopped flat leaf parlsey
- 100g crumbled fetta (we don’t each much fetta in our house, if you eat more, add more)
- Fried Bacon bits – this is in Michelle’s recipe, but for the first time in my life, I can honestly say the salad tasted amazing without it
- 1 tin chick peas – strained and dried
- Handful of slivered almonds (or pine nuts) lightly toasted
- Couple of handfuls of Rocket – again, this was in Michelle’s recipe, but mine hasn’t grown big enough yet
- 1 lemon
- Olive oil
What you will need
- Medium sized fry pan with a lid
- Salad dish
What to do
- Drizzle a small amount of oil in the fry pan, and cook the pumpkin and garlic for 10 or so mins. I use the lid to ensure the pumpkin becomes soft. You can roast the pumpkin and garlic as an alternative
- Allow the pumpkin to cool (smells delishious!)
- Add all of the other ingredients except the lemon, nuts and olive oil
- Add a few squeezes of lemon, nuts and a drizzle of olive just before serving.
One Comment Add yours
I am SO making this. Today. Just went to the freezer and pulled out last years pumpkin chunks. Gotta love the food vacuum/sealer thingy! Keeps things fresh…