- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar (optional)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cinnamon (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence (optional)
- 3 cups rolled oats
- 1/2 cup coconut
- 1/2 cup wheatgerm
- 1/2 cup bran flakes (preferably unprocessed, but processed if that is all you can get)
- 1/2 cup sesame seeds
- 1/2 cup sunflower seeds
- 1/2 cup chopped nuts (I used almonds)
- 1 cup sultanas (again, you can change this to apricots or something else for a change).
- I have also added spelt puffs, peppins, linseeds (completely optional)
Tools you will need
- Small saucepan
- Wooden mixing spoon
- Large roasting pan
What to do
- Preheat your oven to 150 degrees C
- Put oil, sugar, honey, cinnamon and vanilla essence into a saucepan and heat gently until sugar dissolves
- In a roasting dish combine all other ingredients (except for the fruit)
- Pour oil mixture over and mix thoroughly. Don’t worry if it looks like there isn’t enough…it will turn out fine
- Bake at 150 degrees C for 30-40 mins or until lightly browned. Stir occasionally
- Take it out of the oven and leave to cool
- Add sultanas
- Store in an airtight container. Makes 1.5kgs
5 Comments Add yours
Thanks Geri! Not only is it cheaper than the ready-made stuff it actually tastes better!
Pity it’s not quite as simple as putting a packet in a trolley, I burnt a batch this morning… (too much time online!)
Ik heb de muesli gister gemaakt en het is erg lekker geworden echt een aanrader. Ik ga het zeker vaker maken.
Glad you liked it Marjan! Once you do it a few times it get easier to make. Thanks for the feedback.